Friday, January 8, 2016

Idle Time

     Well its about 2:30 in the morning right now and I am unable to sleep.  It always amazes me how much your brain can think of something when it has nothing better to do than to contemplate the contraptions hiding inside of your mind.  I mentioned on my last post that I was into the Steampunk genre and it hit me about 3:30 yesterday morning that out of all of the research I have done never once have I seen a homestead or self-sufficient home designed on the Steampunk format.  Now my mind is racing with design ideas on how to incorporate all aspects of Steampunk into the design.   Clockwork chicken coops, steam electrogenerators and various other designs are plaguing my thoughts but sleep should come pretty quick after it all dies down.
     The idea would be an awesome undertaking but would take years for all of the engineering and prep work to be done.  I guess when i get home Ill have to take out my portable drafting table and canvas paper and put it to ink.  I couldn't help but notice this morning as I awoke that people are starting to read this blog and I am happy because of that.  Though I may seem unknown to you I am a lot like you if you dream of the steam arts.  Knowing that somedays your mind will not let you rest and the design must be perfect like the end of a novel.  All that matters is the ending.  You can design and design again but as long as it is not perfect your work is never complete.
     You will have to forgive me if I seem to rambling on like a mad scientist or Howard Hughes working on his next aviation.  This project is something I have dreamed about for years and since you have devoted your time to reading this I want you to know exactly where I am coming from even if it is a ramble of thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment